We would like to offer the services of Port Captaincy for your vessels calling various ports. Apart from active participation in planning and executing the cargo operations in a speedy and efficient manner we can also contribute in the planning stage for maximising the intake.
Following are some of service elements.
PREPARATION OF PRE-STOW PLAN
- Preliminary stowage plan is prepared at the planning stage itself which will help in maximising cargo intake.
- Stowage plan is prepared providing maximum hooks for loading as well as discharging ports.
- Stowage plan is discussed well in advance with vessel and suitability with regard to stability and trim requirements is verified.
- Stowage plan is discussed with stevedores well in advance so that vessel is in complete readiness to commence loading/discharging with maximum hooks on arrival.
PRE ARRIVAL PREPARATIONS
- Liaison with shippers, shipper’s agents, vessel’s agents, stevedores etc for documentation and readiness of cargo for loading.
- Carry out inspection of cargo if required prior loading.
- Make necessary arrangements for LSD or any other requirements from charterers /owners.
VESSEL IN PORT
- Secure berthing of vessel without any unreasonable delays.
- Expediting turnaround of vessel in port.....
- Documentation/communication to protect charterer's interest in all operational aspects of vessel in port. (Delays, detentions, claims, cargo condition etc)
- Daily reports to client on vessel's performance.
- Served as Master on LR product tankers and OBOs from 2003 to 2012
- Working as port captain since June 2012
- Cargo handled: Bulk/bagged cargo, steel products, project cargo, Rice, Sugar, Urea